Saturday, May 9, 2009

Let 'Em Cross

The other day I was on my way home from work and I saw a woman waiting to cross the street at a crosswalk. I stopped so she could cross, and apparently that pissed off the guy behind me because he was glued to my bumper until we got to a red light, where he proceeded to make angry gestures and swear at me until the light turned green and I went straight and he turned. What is wrong with people?

I've noticed around here that people seem to think that you don't have to stop for someone at a crosswalk unless they're in the middle of the street and you would hit them if you didn't stop. In that case, what do people think we have crosswalks for? I really think Iowa law is lacking in this department. I lived in California for a few years and there you are required to stop for someone waiting to cross at a crosswalk. Iowans are supposed to be friendly and courteous, but in this case California has us beat.

Maybe I just get angry about this stuff because I'm a mom now.

Okay, my rant is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the peanut gallery