Monday, May 11, 2009

Goodbye Kiss

I had the funniest thing happen yesterday (which was Mother's Day). We went to my in-laws' house for lunch (my husband made DELICIOUS enchiladas!) and then went home to take a nap before the little one and I went to my parents'. My husband had to work yesterday evening, so while I was still snoozing on the couch he went upstairs to get ready for work. A little later he came downstairs, and soon after I heard him leave. I could not for the life of me understand why he didn't even say goodbye. I thought maybe he had thought I was sleeping and didn't want to bother me, but that just wasn't like him. I thought maybe he was annoyed with me or something. So when he got home that night I asked him why he didn't say goodbye when he left that afternoon. He told me DID say goodbye, and had given me a kiss, too! I thought I must have dozed off or something, but I had thought I was awake the whole time, even though I had my eyes closed. He said later, "Don't you remember saying 'It's so hard to take a nap around here!'?" I thought that sounded somewhat familiar. Then it hit me. Our dog had been bugging me and I kept having to push him away. One time he put his wet nose in my face and I pushed him away and said "It's so hard to take a nap around here!" Well I guess that wasn't our dog, but my husband kissing me! Luckily he has a good sense of humor. :)

1 comment:

From the peanut gallery