Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sorry, I've been MIA for awhile. I've been trying to get a new website up and running and have realized that I am not a web designer LOL. Right now my manymanyscents URL forwards you to my ecrater site, so at least I have something up right now while I'm working on the new site.

I made homemade ice cream a couple of nights ago-- it was delicious! Here's the recipe (the chocolate ice cream base recipe is from my Ben & Jerry's ice cream book, but the mix-ins were my own idea):

S'mores Ice Cream

4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
A pinch of salt
(above is Ben & Jerry's recipe)
1 ½ cups chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, broken into pieces
1 cup marshmallow creme

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. When it is melted, slowly stir in the milk. Take off heat and set aside to cool. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs about 1-2 minutes, or until fluffy. Slowly add the sugar, mixing well. Then stir in the cream, vanilla, salt, and the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours, or until cold. Pour into ice cream maker and make the ice cream according to your ice cream maker's instructions. During the last couple of minutes it is running, dump in the cookies. When the ice cream is finished, stir in the marshmallow creme by hand so that it is swirled, not completely mixed. If the ice cream is soft (which mine always is), put in the freezer overnight. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the peanut gallery